Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer rain


This afternoon I went out in the summer rain with an umbrella to keep my head dry but purposely wearing thong sandals so my feet would get wet - if you've never done this then I can highly recommend it. I was going to the shops to buy a newspaper - not so I could read it you understand, just so I could use it as a cat litter tray liner. Mind you the be-furred ones might read it - have you ever noticed that they read things through their bottoms? Put a newspaper on the floor and try to read it, the cat will always come and sit on it, so that's the conclusion I've come to. Sometimes they also go out of the room and come running back in again so they can jump on the newspaper and use it as a sledge. I might try that too actually; especially if the dormerportal was on the fritz, bit like a jump start kind of thing. I'd have to remember to take a piece of newspaper with me though in case it was still not starting properly on the way back. Just because, the alternate reality might be one where I hadn't bought a newspaper - or the alternate reality cat might have been reading it. Through it's bottom.

3 comments:

Joanne Hartley said...

the alternate reality cat would need to have an adequatley lined alternate reality litter tray so you'd probably have to keep some in the van anyhow...

Unless.....there's no need for litter trays in the alternate reality.

dormerportal said...

Good point, they may have alternative arrangements in the alternate reality litter tray, try saying that after a treble whisky!

serendipity said...

My cat does that very thing. I'm reading a paper, he comes and sits on it. Most frustrating, but very cute!